Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Microsoft Wedge Bluetooth Keyboard


While looking for a Bluetooth keyboard for my Nexus 10 I was overwhelmed in my search at the abundance of gaudy, bulky cases with Bluetooth keyboards built in that didn't have the aesthetic appeal I was looking for.
 Then I came across the Microsoft Wedge while looking at comparisons online to the Zagg Flex keyboard.

Design
This is probably my favorite part of the keyboard because it seems so well thought out.  It has almost no bezel save for a slick aluminum trim ring with polished edges and a matte back.  On the back side is a small triangular bump that houses the 2 AAA batteries that power the keyboard.  There is an integrated power/pairing button opposite the battery tray, and buried between the keys on the front side are the subtle indicator lights when the keyboard powers up or is in pairing mode.


The keyboard also includes a smart cover of sorts that also protects the keyboard when not in use.  When put on it powers down the keyboard to conserve battery life and when pulled off it powers the keyboard up again.  I love this feature because I don't have to fuss with batteries dying prematurely when I forget to power it down.

The smart cover also doubles as a tablet stand.

Hands On

Since i'm using this keyboard with a Nexus 10 android tablet, one of the questions i'm sure readers will have is how well does it work.  While some of the shortcut keys across the top do not function properly since its designed with windows 8 in mind, the volume keys, and play/pause do work nicely.  Also copy/paste and normal shortcuts work well also. Keyboard response is very fast with no lag and I can type away comfortably to use it as my main blogging rig.

Overall I think this keyboard is probably the best buy for those wanting a sleek design with maximum portability for an affordable price.  You can score the keyboard from amazon for $44


Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment